UFT 12.54 – New Features and Enhancements
HPE has released the fourth minor upgrade for UFT 12.5 release, after the subsequent upgrades 12.51, 12.52 and 12.53. This release includes some of the improved and enhancement features, which include few enhancements for IDE and mobile testing support. The major change comes with this release is trial license period, helping people to analyze UFT fitment for their applications, now for a longer period before they on-board.
The demo license period is now for 60 days instead of 30 days.
New technology and framework support
- Chrome (v54) and Firefox(v49) latest versions
- .NET Framework 4.6.1
- Service Virtualization 3.82
- VMWare ESXi 6.0
- Autopass License Server 9.2.1
- Oracle Forms 12c
- QT 4.8 64-bit applications
- SAPUI5 1.34
- SAP Ariba
- SAP WebDynpro ABAP 7.4 and 7.5
- SAP Netweaver 7.4/7.5
- Solution Manager 7.2
- Terminal Emulators: Attachmate Extra 9.3 SP1 Update 1, Hummingbird 15.00, IBM Personal Communications v. 12.0, Reflection Desktop 16.0, Rumba 9.4 Terminal Emulator
- Support for Visual Studio 2012/2013/2015 in the WPF and .NET Extensibility packages
Other Enhancements in UFT 12.54
- Mobile Testing Enhancements:
- Improved testing for native mobile browsers
- Running BPT tests of Mobile Web applications
- Test non-packaged hybrid applications
- You can now drag and drop test objects from the object spy window directly into test and it gets added into repository.
- UFT now supports SAP Business Networks applications running with the new SAPWebExt toolkit
- Cross Browser Support is now available for BPT tests
- JavFX: UFT supports testing Web applications and Web application objects running inside a WebView object in a JavaFX application.
- A new Browser.Quit method improves multiple browser testing.
- UFT has added new supported roles for the “role=” property in Web applications
- Microsoft WebDriver program has been updated for Microsoft Edge support
- Now you can run tests of your Web applications using the PhantomJS toolkit.
- UI Automation Enhancements:
- UFT’s UI Automation support now includes Maintenance Run Mode.
- Use or clear the timeout period when running a test to improve test performance
- Select items from a menu object using the menu item index as well as the menu item names.
- ALM Integration: You no longer need administrative privileges to interact with, connect to, or run tests saved on ALM versions 12.53 p1 and higher when UAC is enabled.
- API Testing: Now you can use a JKS security certificate when running a test of your Web services in addition to other certificate types, such as X509 and Kerberos.
Try UFT for 60 days