UFT 12.53 Latest Service Packs
I really appreciate the way HPE is continuously improving the products to compete and to remain on top. Industry is rapidly moving towards faster release cycle that derives their business innovation faster. There is more focus towards the ability to develop faster and test faster in development life cycle. Something which we know as DevOps and Shifting Left. I feel good when I see a new feature gets introduced into the pack of features for HPE UFT, LeanFT or ALM to enable and speed up with the industry needs. If you notice, HPE has released three service packs so far since the UFT 12.50 release, and each pack includes some great features to deal with to accomplish current testing needs.
Recently HPE has introduced third service pack on top of 12.50 version for UFT and LeanFT. In this post I will focus on the capabilities that has been introduced with the latest service pack 12.53 along with highlights from older service packs 12.52 and 12.51
Whats New in Service Pack 12.53
Support for Docker
UFT now has the capability to perform remote actions on your containerized Docker applications. Below are some of the activities that can achieved
- Download an image of the Docker container that contains your application
- Run an image containing the application
- Stop the container currently running the test
Mobile Testing – Enhanced Support for Native and Hybrid Applications
UFT 12.53 supports enhanced functionality for both native and hybrid mobile apps. For example, UFT now enables you to:
- Configure devices and applications for your tests directly from the new Mobile Center
- Support non-packaged apps. no need to package apps to upload them to Mobile Center.
- Test mobile web apps using the device’s native browser – Safari for iOS devices, and Chrome for Android devices.
New API Protocol Support for OData
Now you can import the OData service (from a file or from a URL) and construct a test using the service’s resources and methods just like you would do in a REST service.
Amazon Web Services
(AWS) Marketplace is a new place and platform from which you can buy and run UFT tests, AWS can help you access the infrastructure required to run enterprise projects without major investment and maintenance. Now you can use AWS, in a pay-per-use model, to access a system that contains the latest version of UFT pre-installed on multiple combinations of operation systems and browsers.
Synthetic data generation for BPT
Use the new BPT Test Combinations Generator to create synthetic data for your test runs instead of manually creating all possible parameter values. All that is needed is to select a desired parameter, specify its type and format, and the values will be automatically generated. Real time saver.
Improved MS UI Automation
UFT’s UI Automation support enables UFT to recognize objects in any application that has implemented the Microsoft Windows UI Automation Framework. This is especially helpful when UFT’s current technology support is not sufficient for your testing needs. In UFT 12.53, support has been added for:
- a) Switching between regular Spy and Learn modes while spying and learning objects instead of selecting a mode beforehand
- b) Setting the default Spy and Learn mode to UI Automation
- c) Enhancing your tests using new UI Automation test object methods, native methods, and object identification properties
we discussed about this in my last post UI Automation – Have you Started using the new Add-in?
Web Accessibility Toolkit
UFT supports the Web Accessibility toolkit to recognize objects that use the HTML role property. The Web Accessibility toolkit is used to create digital content that is accessible to people with disabilities. In UFT 12.53, Web Accessibility toolkit support has been added for:
- All Web 2.0 toolkits
- Web-based add-ins
- Testing Mobile browsers
- Testing the Chrome emulator
Additionally, new test object methods and properties have been added so you can give greater depth to your tests.
Support for Chromium Embedded Framework controls
You can now use UFT to test applications containing Chrome embedded controls, including Java CEF and Adobe CEP.
New technology and framework support
This version of UFT includes the following new supported technologies and frameworks:
- Updated support for the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome
- Angular JS 1.2/1.4
- Autopass License Server version 9.1
- DevExpress WPF (via the UI Automation Add-in)
- Hummingbird 14 Terminal Emulator
- Infragistics WPF and WinForms (via the UI Automation Add-in)
- Microfocus WebToHost 6.70 Terminal Emulator
- Microfocus WebToHost 6.80 Terminal Emulator
- MS Dynamix AX 2012 (via the UI Automation Add-in)
- NWBC 5.0/6.0
- QT5 QTQuick (via the UI Automation Add-in)
- QT 5.3 widgets compiled by Visual Studio
- SAP Ariba
- SAP Concur
- SAP FieldGlass
- SAP GUI 7.40
- TCPLink 3.50-01
Parallel execution on the same machine
Speed up your testing by running in parallel multiple tests on the same host on your Web applications. Reduce your Total Cost of Ownership because with one LeanFT license you can execute up to four tests at a time.
IntelliJ IDEA is now supported with LeanFT for creating LeanFT’s test projects and enjoying all the advantages of our solution like application models and the identification center.
TestNG, NUnit3, Maven-based Java projects are now supported, expanding our support of unit-test frameworks
Whats New in Service Pack 12.52
- Mobile testing enhancements
- cross platform testing
- gesture support
- data driving devices and browsers
- text recognition
- connect to Mobile Center via a proxy
- test Fiori applications on mobile device
- integrate with Business Process Monitor
- Test Applications using Microsoft Windows UI Automation Testing
- LeanFT- support for application models in Eclipse and enhancements for object identification
- Support for Microsoft Edge browser
- Support for role-based HTML objects
- Expanded support for API testing
- Integration with Network Virtualization
Whats New in Service Pack 12.51
- Support for Hybrid mobile applications
- Run CI tests on a Bamboo server
- New supported environments
- Updated support for the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome.
- Windows 10
- .NET Framework 4.6
- QT 4.8 applications built with Visual Studio 2008 or mingw gcc 4.8.2
- TE Attachment Reflection for UNIX open VMS 14.1
- TE Micro Focus Rumba 9.3
- TE Attachmate Extra! X-treme 9.3
- Flex 4.14
- SiebelOpenUI 220.127.116.11 SIA
- DevExpress 10.1.5 and 15.1